Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
What are the safety considerations when using chain couplings?
When using chain couplings, it is important to consider several safety aspects to ensure the protection of personnel, equipment, and the overall system. Here are some key safety considerations when using chain couplings:
- Proper Installation: Ensure that the chain coupling is correctly installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Improper installation can lead to misalignment, inadequate lubrication, or other issues that can compromise safety and performance.
- Alignment and Maintenance: Regularly inspect and maintain the chain coupling to ensure proper alignment, lubrication, and tension. Misalignment or lack of maintenance can result in premature wear, excessive vibration, and potential coupling failure, posing safety risks.
- Guarding: Consider implementing appropriate guarding measures to protect personnel from coming into contact with the rotating chain coupling components. This is particularly important in applications where there is a risk of entanglement or pinch points.
- Lockout/Tagout: Follow proper lockout/tagout procedures when performing maintenance or repairs on machinery equipped with chain couplings. This ensures that the equipment is safely de-energized, preventing accidental startup or release of stored energy.
- Load Capacity: Do not exceed the recommended load capacity of the chain coupling. Overloading the coupling can lead to excessive stress, premature failure, and potential hazards. Consider the dynamic loads, shock loads, and any transient conditions that the coupling may experience during operation.
- Environmental Factors: Evaluate the operating environment and consider any specific safety considerations related to temperature, humidity, corrosive substances, or other environmental factors. Take appropriate measures such as using suitable materials or protective coatings to ensure the coupling’s integrity and safety.
- Training and Awareness: Provide adequate training to personnel who operate or work near chain couplings. Ensure that they understand the potential hazards, safety procedures, and the importance of following manufacturer’s guidelines and industry best practices.
- Emergency Stop: Implement an emergency stop system or device that can quickly halt the machinery in case of an emergency or imminent danger. This allows for immediate shutdown and can help prevent accidents or injuries.
It is essential to consult the manufacturer’s documentation, safety guidelines, and applicable industry standards to ensure compliance with the recommended safety practices for chain couplings. By prioritizing safety considerations, potential risks can be minimized, and the overall reliability and performance of the chain coupling system can be enhanced.
What are the key components of a chain coupling?
A chain coupling consists of several key components that work together to transmit power and accommodate misalignments. Here are the main components of a chain coupling:
- Sprockets: Sprockets are the toothed wheels that engage with the chain. They are typically made of steel or other durable materials and have specially designed teeth that mesh with the chain rollers. The sprockets provide the driving and driven connections, transmitting torque from one shaft to another.
- Roller Chain: The roller chain is a series of interconnected links with rollers between them. It is looped around the sprockets, with the rollers engaging with the sprocket teeth. The roller chain transfers the rotational motion from the driving sprocket to the driven sprocket, allowing power transmission between the shafts.
- Connecting Pins: Connecting pins are used to join the links of the roller chain together, forming a continuous loop. These pins are inserted through the pin holes in the chain links and secured with retaining clips or other fasteners. They ensure the integrity and strength of the chain.
- Bushings or Bearings: Bushings or bearings are used to support the shafts and allow them to rotate smoothly within the chain coupling. They are typically inserted into the bores of the sprockets and provide a low-friction interface between the shaft and the coupling components.
- Guard or Cover: In some chain couplings, a guard or cover is added to enclose the sprockets and chain. This serves as a protective barrier, preventing contact with moving parts and reducing the risk of accidents or injuries. The guard or cover also helps to contain lubrication and protect the chain from contaminants.
- Lubrication: Lubrication is essential for the smooth operation and longevity of a chain coupling. Proper lubrication reduces friction, wear, and noise. Lubricants, such as chain oil or grease, are applied to the chain and sprockets to minimize frictional losses and prevent premature wear.
These components work together to provide a reliable and efficient power transmission in chain couplings. The sprockets engage with the roller chain, and as one sprocket rotates, it drives the chain, causing the other sprocket and the connected shaft to rotate. The roller chain and its components, along with lubrication, allow for flexibility and compensation of misalignment between the shafts.
How does a chain coupling work?
A chain coupling works by connecting two rotating shafts using a roller chain and sprockets. The sprockets have teeth that engage with the rollers of the chain, creating a positive drive mechanism.
When the first shaft rotates, it drives the sprocket attached to it. The engaged chain then transfers the motion to the second sprocket and the second shaft, causing it to rotate as well.
The chain coupling design allows for flexibility and misalignment compensation. In the presence of angular misalignment between the shafts, the chain can accommodate the deviation by flexing and adjusting its position on the sprockets. Similarly, if there is parallel misalignment or axial displacement, the chain coupling can flex and adjust to maintain proper engagement and transmit torque between the shafts.
The engagement between the sprocket teeth and the chain rollers ensures a positive drive, meaning that the torque from the driving shaft is efficiently transferred to the driven shaft. This makes chain couplings suitable for applications where high torque loads need to be transmitted.
Proper lubrication is essential for the smooth operation and longevity of a chain coupling. Lubricants such as oil or grease are applied to the chain and sprockets to reduce friction and wear. The lubrication helps prevent heat buildup and ensures the chain and sprockets rotate smoothly, minimizing power losses and extending the lifespan of the coupling.
In summary, a chain coupling operates by using a roller chain and sprockets to connect two rotating shafts. The engaged chain transfers torque from the driving shaft to the driven shaft, while accommodating misalignment between the shafts. The positive drive mechanism and the flexibility of the chain make chain couplings effective in transmitting high torque loads while allowing for smooth and reliable power transmission.
editor by CX 2023-11-06